Friday 22 January 2016

Hello all you lovely fashionistas!



  My name is Stephanie Cunningham and I have been a member of the Fredericton Fashion Council for a little shy of one year. You may have seen some of my posts before as Fredtown Fashionista in Bustle magazine (http://www.bustle.com/articles/102034-11-photos-of-women-with-cellulite-because-texture-can-be-gorgeous-too) and on Penningtons National Facebook page.



 I am thrilled to be an Official Style Blogger for the FFC! Fashion has been a serious passion of mine for as long as I can remember, but more specifically plus size fashion.
 So, who am I? Well I am 24 year old working professional, and a resident of our beautiful downtown. I moved to Fredericton from St. George, NB almost seven years ago and instantly fell in love with our little city. I’m a tremendous supporter of the Body Positive Movement and frequent user of #effyourbeautystandards started by my personal hero Tess Holliday. I’m a huge believer in self expression through clothes, hair, and body art whether it’s tattoos or piercings. Fashion is the way I show people who I am, and is my favorite creative outlet.



  I want to touch on some of the challenges that every woman faces- for example have you ever opened your closet that is bursting at the seams, sigh and say “I’ve got nothing to wear”? Let’s fix that! I want to show you how you can style items in your existing wardrobe to make outfits that make you feel like the strong, beautiful, confident woman you are. I specialize in what I fondly refer to as “Diva on a Dime” I put together outfits and that are not only budget friendly, but comfortable and glamorous all day long.

 You would be amazed how purchasing just a few accessories or mixing and matching different items each season can keep your wardrobe looking fresh, trendy, and current.
Ladies, I don’t know about you, but I’m busy! We all are! And sometimes it feels impossible to find the time to look fresh to death every day.  This often results in frequently choosing the same “safe” items because of their utility and comfort, and fashion sometimes can go by the way side.


 I have been following dozens of fashion blogs for years, and I always had the same complaint- Who do they think are wearing these outfits? They are gorgeous, flattering, and chic but lack the utility, comfort, and price range that I need in my everyday life. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and style outfits inspired by some of my favorite bloggers and designers. This way I get all the same effect with a few slight changes making them affordable, and practical for every day wear.

I cannot wait to start sharing all my best pro-tips with the lovely ladies of Fredericton! Every day when you leave the house for work and catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror I hope you smile because you’re feelin’ your look.

 


Cheers!
Fredtown Fashionista

**Contact me! I’d love to hear from you for outfit submissions or any questions about my posts E-mail: fredtownfashionista@gmail.com,
Facebook: Fredtown Fashionista,
Instagram: FredtownFashionista