Monday 29 February 2016

And the award goes to….


The Oscars (or Academy Awards) is probably the biggest night for films and the stars come out looking their best! Now if you are anything like me you don’t really care who wins (unless its Leo who finally won his Oscar!) but you are all about the red carpet! Now I really don’t know trends or fashion (yet here I am blogging about it) but even I can recognize there were some amazing looks from the Oscars this year!

Jennifer Lawrence: Say what you want about JLaw, you can’t deny she kills it on the red carpets. Wearing a gorgeous black Dior gown paired with a glowy makeup look with smoky eyes she was defiantly turning heads on the red carpet!



 

Kate Winslet: Can someone tell me this woman's skin care routine because I swear she hasn't aged since staring in Titanic. Anyways Kate looked absolutely stunning on the red carpet in her Ralph Lauren black gown.She looked classy elegant with soft waves in her hair and simple makeup with smokey eyes (just like JLaw). What makes this look stunning is the fact that she didn't over accessorize but kept it simple with a bracelet, ring and earrings (they probably all cost more than I make in a year but atlas not the point).



 

Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga has always been a statement fashion setter and yesterday was no exception. She looked absolutely stunning in her Brandon Maxwell ensemble. She looked like a classic beauty with her hair in soft curls and natural makeup enhancing her already amazing features. However it wasn't her look that made her memorable last night but her incredible performance of Till It Happens To You (it will bring tears to your eyes, if you haven't seen it please watch it!).





Reese Witherspoon: This was probably one of my favourite looks from the red carpet. Reese looked incredible in a purple Oscar de la Renta gown with minimal jewelry and soft makeup with a light red lip.


 

Kerry Washington: How incredible does Kerry Washington look? Her dress is on more of the edgy side than the other outfits seen on the red carpet but she killed it! She looks absolutely stunning (she even works that high slit!). Her eyes are enhanced by black liner that make her eyes both bold and beautiful.


 

Cate Blanchett: Explain to me how she looks so good at 46? If I look half as good as her I'll be happy. Anyways how gorgeous does she look in this Armani gown? It was like it was made for her (and maybe it was I honestly don't know but well down) and I don't think anyone could pull it off nearly half as well as she does! Her entire look is very light and airy, defiantly an amazing red carpet look!



 
Chrissy Teigen: I think it's safe to say I saved the best for last. I still can't believe how stunning this woman is and she just blew my  mind all over again last night! This Marchesa gown is not only gorgeous but shows off her adorable baby bump (I'm a sucker for baby bumps). Chrissy is so effortlessly beautiful and her look at the Oscars was no exception! Her makeup is such a soft look with simple eyes and lips and it's safe to say I'm obsessed!



Michaela Kathleen
themakeupclubblog.wordpress.com