Wednesday 4 May 2016

Quintessential - The Grad Class Review

I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about fashion. If I can’t wear yoga pants and it be acceptable, chances are I won’t show up. However a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend the 18th Annual Fashion Show put on by the New Brunswick College of Craft & Design and was honestly inspired by everyone who had a role in putting on that incredible show. I had the pleasure of covering the 5 grad lines for the FFC and I still can’t believe how amazing all they all were!





Amanda Fraser – Halls of Ivy
AmandaFraserDesigns@gmail.com
“The private school elite; crisp autumn days and soft textures” describe Amanda Fraser’s line and I think she captured that extremely well. I love the use of warm tones against ascent pieces such as the big buttons or the pointed collars.







Danielle Elliott – Underneath
danielleelliottdesingers@gmail.com

This was one of the lines I was most excited about. I love that Danielle Elliott is a “custom lingerie designer for the modern and elegant woman” because I find lingerie is a area often shied away from and it was so refreshing to see a line dedicated towards this. The line was delicate and beautiful and the models matching robes was an incredible touch!





photo by Joseph Comeau


Lee Goguen – Gambit
leegoguendesign@gmail.com

I loved this line! I loved the use of bold colours against dark and I love how Lee Goguen kept with a repetition of key elements that allowed her line to remain together but each piece also unique.






Emily Daigle – Unveiled
Emily-Daigle@hotmail.com

Everyone should feel confident on their wedding day and I truly believe that if you have a dress designed by Emiy Daigle you will feel just that! I loved that she didn’t shy away from taking risks with high slits and plunging necklines and her colour pallet of off-white, rose and teal captured everything I love about spring weddings; their simple beauty and elegance.




 


Melanie Bradley – Self-Made
melaniebradleyfashion@gmail.com

Melanie Bradley made me want to go out and be the most successful woman in the world with her line Self-Made. The line was full of items every woman needs in their wardrobe because when your clothing screams confidence you have confidence. I loved how she captured the strength of women through her line and her line really gave an overall sense of female empowerment, which I believe is extremely important!


This was my first fashion show and it was honestly such an amazing experience. To see all the hard work the grads, the alumni and the 1st year designers put into their lines was incredible! Everyone involved in the show should give themselves a huge round of applause because they made my first fashion show incredible and I can hardly wait for the next!

Michaela Kathleen
https://themakeupclubblog.wordpress.com/