Thursday 28 July 2016

My Little Festival Style Lookbook

This is my favorite time of the year where there is a festival  around the corner of every weekend! Festival season is only really 2-3 months long, and it always seems so fleeting! I got more into the habit of documenting outfits this year though, so figured I'd share a little lookbook of my festival influenced fashions.

Now I myself don't get to nearly enough festivals, but festival wear is a major influence on my every day style, especially in the summer. Comfortable cotton dresses, rompers, crop tops, maxis, dusters, and of course, accessories like body harnesses and flower crowns. These are staples in my wardrobe all year round, and during the Summer is when I can really let it flourish!

Here are a few of my own festival inspired looks from over this summer.


Above photos taken by Trish Knox


Photo by Emily Dickinson 



Festival wear is also my favorite type of fashion to create, as it has a very magical aesthetic. Pretty much everything I send down the runway or list on my etsy page is ready to make you stand out at a festival. Festivals are where you can really let your inner fairy or mermaid shine and people appreciate it rather than giving you a side ways glance! I made this Water Nymph head dress for someone going to Future Forest, an electronic music festival a few km past Mactaquac that happened this past weekend.

 Speaking of Future Forest, this was the festival I actually got to attend this year! It was a magical blast! I vended at this event last year, but this time I went just to have a good time. It brings all of the best costumes and clothing out of the wood work! Or into the wood work, rather! :D
Here is the flower crown and festival outfit I came up with for myself for this past weekend.


 



If you like the head dresses you see above, I have been busy listing more pieces on my Etsy page recently, please check it out through the link below!

Kayleigh Saad
President Fredericton Fashion Council 
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LunarOfferings
https://www.facebook.com/lunarofferings/