Monday 6 June 2016

Styling for a Sunset

Playing stylist for film and photo shoots has been a pass time of mine off and on for about 10 years now. Since I recently starting working for myself, I have had a bit more free time lately to get more hands on with creative projects again!

 I have been lucky to work with some well known local talents this year! So it was no less an honour when Athenaïs Testi, a well regarded model in the Atlantic Maritime asked if I would style a shoot she was doing with Nathanael Patriquin on a farm! I was told it was going to be at sunset, and that she will be posing with lambs! I went right to work to put together a good choice of outfits that fit the image in my head.


I have a walk in closet of vintage treasures, so it took no time at all to come up with a few looks to play with! They ended up shooting all 4 outfits!
We shot a few weekends ago at Sunshine Miles Garlic Farm, a wonderful little spot out in Durham! 
They had a wide array of great backgrounds and props to shoot with! I brought my Instax mini to get a few behind the scenes Polaroids!




Athenaïs was a poised saint in a sea of black flies. She definitely adapted to her surroundings with an effortless grace! It was admirable! All of the outfits I put together for her worked out so perfect! Here are a few results!


Photos: by Nathanael Patriquin
Model: Athenaïs 
MUAH:  Billy Peterson
Styling and flower crowns: Kayleigh Saad
                        Location/Assistance: Tammy Knox Miles of Sunshine Miles Garlic Farm.


 I could hardly contain myself around the lambs! I am so happy I was involved with this photo shoot, it was definitely a dream team and I hope to work with them all again soon! Whether its with my own designs or statement pieces from my closet, I am pretty much always willing and able to help you set the sartorial mood.


Kayleigh Saad
President - Fredericton Fashion Council
https://www.facebook.com/lunarofferings/